Friday, May 05, 2006

Wacky Morning Show

I was just attacked by a local radio morning show.

I know that I have a reputation for embilishment, but the above statement is total fact.

Checking the mail has always been one of my favourite office activities. It gives me a chance to go for a walk, see the other political drones in their day-to-day activities, and of course interact with the post office staff. What I have learned in my short time on the hill is that the post office is the nexus of all information. If you need to know something, ask at the post office.

Second mail check (I don't have much to do today) turned up nothing, but there was a crowd larger than usual gathered around the mail desk. I was turning around to head back to the office when someone points me out to the crowd and tell them who I work for. All of a sudden I'm getting attention from these strangers. They turn out to be the morning show hosts on 98.5 "the Jewel". They try to con me into requisitioning for them a couple of parliamentary speech folders, but I split the difference and got them some slightly less cool but free surplus binders that we had in the office. All in the name of getting our inventory down to managable levels and giving the office some good press.

Of course, giving radio show hosts freebies means that they shove a micropohone in your face. This is a bad thing. They give people intensive media coaching so they don't say stupid things to the media, and I have had none of this, and at the best of times I have an inclination to say very stupid things. I used the tried and true tactic of praise the boss and say nothing else for "purposes of accountability." I think that they turned my accountability paranoia into a bit.

Anyway, if you're listening to Ottawa radio tomorrow morning, you may hear my panic-stricken voice trying desperately (and failing) to not say anything stupid. Incidentally, this will not be my first time saying stupid things on the radio. The last time I said stupid stuff on the radio it dealt heavily with fish. But that's another story.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well aren't you popular evan!

-amber

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home