Friday, September 21, 2007

Don't tase me, bro

The video of some guy getting tasered at a John Kerry speech is getting everyone all riled up about police brutality, free speech, and the long-term trauma that tasers cause on people.

Last things first: no shit tasers cause trauma. They are designed to hurt and subdue people. Do you remember what we did before tasers? The cops beat people with clubs. Given the choice, I'll take the taser. You sit one of these suburban white protesters from the taser generation down with a black guy that was protesting for civil rights back in the 60's when they were using clubs and attack dogs and shit. I can guarantee you that someone is going to get called a pussy.

Moving on, free speech. Free speech lovers, I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but you won. You can burn your flags and insult our world leaders, and on a good day I'd be out there with you burning flags and flipping off whichever democratically elected leader you please. The flip-side of this is that freedom of speech isn't a right, it's a responsibility. Specifically, it's your responsibility now that you can say anything to not be a douchebag. The guy at the Kerry speech? Class-A douchebag. I bet you that if there was a sign at the door that read: Douchebags will be Tased that he'd probably have been a lot more civil at the mic.

My personal favourite is the part where the guy is shouting out "Don't tase me, bro!" Translation: "Hey now security that I've been fighting with, I didn't really mean it. I mean, I only wanted to be a shit-disturber as long as I wouldn't suffer any consequences. You're my bro now, aight? We can be cool. Wanna come over and play some Madden? The presence of a taser totally changes my views on being a douchebag."

In my humble opinion, we need more taserings. I think that if you want to make an ass of yourself in a public forum, you should do so under the direct threat of personal harm. If you don't believe in something enough to get a tasering over it, you shouldn't believe in it enough to act like a total fuckstick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that sign!! It's right below "No Fat Chicks".

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home