Monday, August 07, 2006

Culture Shock

This morning, I was at a lake in northern Saskatchewan. Tomorrow I will be in Europe. This is dangerous culture shock.

Northern Saskatchewan is a place where rules of common sense do not apply. I sang Wild Cherry in the local bar and had a chorus of very intense natives backing me up on the play that funky music white boys. I spent zero minutes fishing on a weekend long fishing trip. I got sucker-punched by a sixteen year old girl.

I also got to hear some of my cousin's great stories from the farm, like catwalking a tractor and blacking out the entire town. There was also this great quotation, which I swear is all true:


"You must show patience my young padwan learner."
"Don't do that. You remember what happened last time you did that."
"Oh yeah... you shot me."


Tomorrow I'm flying to Italy, leaving at three in the afternoon Tuesday and getting there at 7 in the afternoon on Wednesday. I will likely die. Keep track of this webspace for further developments, complaints about Heathrow, and pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home