Thursday, August 03, 2006

Live from the Rectangular Province

So far, my week in Saskatchewan has been pretty boring, read: I have not done anything potentially life-threatening yet. Thankfully, I'm going to "the" lake with the extended family this weekend, and they're a hazzard waiting to happen at the best of times. Add water, outboard engines, and alcohol and we have ourselves scars to tell the grandkids about.

Not to say that the week hasn't been informative. Spend a night at a bar wearing a shirt that says "Calves" across the front and find out what it's like to be a girl; people are always looking at your chest. At least I assume that everyone is. I catch the girls doing it, but the guys are practiced so they can pull it off without me noticing a lot more. Girls have always told me that they can always tell when guys are leering, but in my personal experience, you're not catching all of us. Just so you know.

Leaving for Italy in five days. I'll be keeping up posting while I'm gone, and if I find a way to get my pictures online, there will be a link here for your enjoyment. I've already gone to my Italian-speaking friend and complied a phrasebook that should keep me in and out of enough trouble to have fun.

Where is the bathroom: Dov'è il bagno?
Take me to your vineyards: Prendalo alle vostre vigne
Marry me : vuoi sposarmi?
Watch out or I will head butt you :L'attenzione o io li colpirà con la mia testa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You headbutt those mofos, for me. Pasta-eating creepotrons.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Italy! Take lots of pictures.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home