Monday, September 04, 2006

Hurricane Ernesto is a Loser

The dying remenants of Hurricane Ernesto are blowing through Ottawa right now, which has made for two dank and dreary days of rain and more rain. A good excuse to stay inside and write some blog. Writing on a rainy day is always a minefield; something about the weather makes one teeter on the brink of melancholy. Especially since the internet is a medium that lends itself to depression, angst, and excessive introspection; this is something that I try to avoid. I have dozens of reasons to be a happy guy, so I don't want people thinking I'm depressed. I'll have to ignore the rain and write like it's sunny.

Speaking of the weather: Dear New Orleans. Is this what a hurricane is like? You're all a bunch of sissies.

Despite the fact that it's the perfect day to stay indoors, I'm about to force myself out the door. I need to pick up my gym visitation schedule again, I want to go to chapters and look at books about the LSAT and Photoshop, and I need new shoes. Each of these are enough to motivate me out into the rain on their own. Together, like Voltron, they are greater than the sum of their parts. The gym is self explanatory. Fitness, better shape, the excuse to wear my fly yoga shorts - how can I refuse? As for Chapters, I'm writing the LSAT at the end of this month, having only recently decided that the legal profession is where I want to make my living. Of course, the books on Photoshop are a direct challenge to the LSAT books. Just when I think I know what I want, a part of my brain panics and thinks "What about graphic design? You've always secretly hated the fact that you're not a very creative person, so being an artist would finally fill that gaping hole in your soul." See, rain breeds melancholy. That, or I shouldn't have had beer of lunch. Note to self: buy more milk.

Finally, the most important of the holy trinity of Getting-My-Narrow-Ass-Out-Of-The-House, new shoes. I just need new shoes. My current Adidas RUN DMC-esque kicks have passed the ultimate quality control test; being worn through before they wore out. I have walked straight through the soles of these shoes, which puts them on-par with the Nike Lovegun. I have no trouble going back to the mall and buying these shoes again. In fact, I will accept nothing less. You just don't mess with perfection. Yes, Perfection. If Jesus wore sneakers, he'd wear the Adidas Superstar.

So would Buddha, Moses, and Mohammed, peace and fresh kicks be upon him.

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ Bitterbarn said...

Now don't you wish you had picked up some blindingly-yellow shoes when we were in Florence?

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have mustard shoes, they're quite stylish now that I've cleaned them.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home