Friday, March 24, 2006

Inaugural Post

Some may cheer, some may cry, but I have begun a new blog. There's something about running a blog on MSN Spaces that just doesn't sit well with me. I think it detracts from my technological integrity, or what we in the industry call "Geek Cred." Blogger beckoned, and I had to start me up a big-boy blog.

So here it is: AAAW YEAH! I figured that now is as good a time to start a new blog as any. I'm precious few months away from a degree and having to (unfortunately) seriously consider what I'm doing with my life. This should let you all keep an eye on me. If I don't post for a few weeks without explination, I may be dead. Send a search party.

Speaking of doing something with my life, I finally got back onto the hill today. I never expected what tiny morsels of work they toss me to be glamourous, and today was no exception. Have you ever wondered why it takes three and a half months between an election and when the House actually starts sitting?

Two words: Office Supplies.

Seriously. You move offices, you have to take all your office supplies with you. You lose some people, they leave you with office supplies that you have to manage. You get a smaller office, you have more office supplies than you can accommodate and you have to manage that now too. You get new people, they need office supplies. The end result is that there are boxes and boxes of random office supplies, and generally far more than you can ever use of the things you don't want, none of what you do want, and everything is in the wrong places. If I wanted to snort hi-lighters until I was in a Hendrix-like daze, I could have done that today, in any colour I could hope for. I filled a filing cabinet with pens, stamps, staples, staplers, and more paperclips than anyone could ever possibly need. You need a three hole punch? I'm your guy.

Despite the fact that my nightmares are now filled with sticky notes and file folders, I love being back on the hill. I missd walking into the cafeteria and hearing the old lady that serves food (fish and chips or rotini! It's friday!) standing at the deep-fryer and singing along to Avril Lavigne on the radio at the top of her lungs. That hits me for a big soft-one every time. The halls of government: what a proud and dignified place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Calamere said...

I absolutely love the top graphic, Ev. Well done, sir.

Co-Master Of The Universe out.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello theEvan.
I am glad to have yet another outlet for my enthusiastic style of commenting :)

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home